Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing and Events Specialist is responsible for social media and special event planning and execution, including graduation, the speaker series, and occasional Dean’s office events. This role will also serve as general project-management support to the Gabelli School marketing team. This individual advances the Gabelli School’s strategic objectives by contributing broadly and flexibly to a range of initiatives.
- Plans and executes social media strategy across multiple channels, producing high-quality, multi-media content (text, photography, videos, infographics) to tell the Gabelli School’s story, with the goal of engaging a variety of audiences: undergraduate and graduate students (current and prospective), alumni, and the business community.
- Plans, executes, and markets special events at the Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses.
- Plans and executes marketing efforts for the Gabelli School, including but not limited to print and online marketing, external advertising, and website content.
- Responsible for working with print vendors to print and ship a variety of marketing materials.
- Develops presentations and marketing materials for undergraduate admissions events.
- Owns a comprehensive marketing and events calendar that provides a holistic view of how various initiatives add value, and uses the calendar to ensure timely project completion.
- Serves as a point of contact for key internal stakeholders, including faculty, the graduate admissions office, and the University-wide marketing and communications group.
- Serves as a point of contact for consultants and vendors, such as brand agencies, graphic designers, photographers, printers, and videographers.
- Strong writing, editing, and multimedia skills, particularly the ability to produce compelling copy, photography, and video that appeal to Fordham’s various audiences.
- Experience using design software (InDesign, Canva, video editing) and content management and social media management tools (Sprout Social, WordPress, Planoly, etc.).
- Experience with event planning, event management, and event marketing.
- An understanding of marketing approaches and ability to utilize metrics-based marketing tools.
- Ability to write creative briefs and give clear design and editorial direction and feedback.
- High-energy, creative, problem-solving approach; the ability to come up with bright ideas.
- Capacity to perform well on tight deadlines and the ability to shift hours occasionally to support special events held in the evenings and on weekends.
- 2-3 years professional work experience, preferably in social media marketing and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Academic study in marketing, communication, design, or related discipline preferred.