TOUCHPOINT BREAKS GROUND: TouchPoint Medical broke ground on a new 142,000-square-foot facility near the Suncoast Parkway and State Road 54 in Odessa. The new facility will create 116 jobs and more than $23 million in capital investment in Pasco County over the next three years. TouchPoint Medical is a global provider of point-of-care mobile and stationary workstations, and medication delivery and management to thousands of hospitals and health care facilities. For information, call the Pasco Economic Development Council at (813) 926-0827 or visit pascoedc.com.
EMPLOYERS WANTED FOR JOB FAIR: Pasco-Hernando State College, Metro Development group, CareerSource Pasco Hernando and the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce are seeking employers to participate in the third-annual Metro Job Fair, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Feb. 26 at the PHSC Porter Campus at Wiregrass Ranch, 2727 Mansfield Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Employers from the public and private sectors, health care, hospitality, manufacturing and construction interested in promoting open and future positions can meet with job seekers from the community and PHSC students seeking employment. Priority will be given to employers with open positions. For details, contact Eric Theodore at (813) 527-6725 or email to [email protected] Job seekers must pre-register for the job fair at eventbrite.com/e/job-internship-fair-porter-campus-at-wiregrass-ranch-wesley-chapel-tickets-54552385654.
PREMIER HIRES NEW OFFICER: Premier Community HealthCare Group has hired Aaron Brandt as its new chief financial officer for its 10 community healthcare centers in Pasco and Hernando counties. He succeeds former CFO Donna DeLong, who served 15 years with Premier. Brandt previously served as finance director for the Community Health Center of the New River Valley in Backsburg, Va. He double-majored in accounting and management at Saint Leo University, where he played baseball. He played professional baseball in Belgium and Australia, and served a season as the volunteer pitching coach for the Zephyrhills High School baseball team. For further information, visit premierhc.org.
DOCTOR MOVES OFFICE: Access Health Care Physicians announced that Olakunle Ajibola, MD, has moved his offices to 7633 Cita Lane, New Port Richey. The family physician is seeing patients at this location. For information or to schedule an appointment, call (727) 372-1005.
CHAMBER EVENTS: The Greater Zephyrhills Chamber of Commerce will host the following meetings and events:
• Board of Directors meeting, 4 to 5 p.m. Feb. 19, Chamber office, 38550 Fifth Ave., Zephyrhills.
• Chamber mixer, 5 to 7 p.m. Feb. 21, Suncoast Credit Union, 32745 Eiland Blvd., Zephyrhills.
• Zephyrhills Economic Development Council Steering Committee, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Feb. 27, at the Chamber office.
For further information, contact the Chamber at (813) 782-1913 or visit zephyrhillschamber.org.
SMARTSTART CLASS: A free class, “Who is My Customer,” will be offered from 6 to 8 p.m. at two locations: Feb. 20 at the West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, first floor, New Port Richey; and Feb. 27 at the Dade City Entrepreneur Center, 37837 Meridian Ave., #309, Dade City. The classes are part of the SMARTstart Entrepreneur Education Series offered through the Pasco Economic Development Council. Open to start-up and existing businesses. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events. For information, call toll-free at 1-888-607-2726.
SMALL-BUSINESS SEMINARS: Pasco Hernando SCORE is presenting a series of free small-business seminars:
• Creating a Successful Business Plan, March 4, Regency Park Branch Library, 9701 Little Road, New Port Richey.
• Using the Internet in Your Business, 4 to 5:30 p.m. March 5, Spring Hill Branch/Harold G. Zopp Memorial Library, 9220 Spring Hill Drive.
• Utilizing YouTube in Your Business, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 5, Centennial Park Branch Library, 5740 Moog Road, Holiday.
• Basic QuickBooks, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 5, New Port Richey Library, 5939 Main St.
• vResults Based Marketing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 13, Hudson Regional Library, 8012 Library Road, Hudson.
• Tax Implications for Small Businesses, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 14, New River Branch Library, 34043 State Road 54, Zephyrhills.
• How to Start a New Business Successfully, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. March 28, South Holiday Library, 4649 Mile Stretch Road, Holiday.
To register or for more information, visit pascohernando.score.org and click on the local workshops tab, or call the SCORE office at (727) 842-4638.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.• West Pasco Business Association Monday Lunch Chapter: Noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• West Pasco Business Association Tuesday Evening Chapter: 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Brix 33, 8351 State Road 54, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• West Pasco Business Association Friday Breakfast Chapter: 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Visit wpba.biz.• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected]• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.• West Pasco Business Network: noon to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Denny’s, 12105 U.S. 19, Hudson. Call Pete Petrignani at (727) 967-3106.• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected]
Contact Phyllis Day at [email protected] or (352) 848-1408. Follow @pdaytimes.