Hello you. Time for a change?
Modern Currency’s founders have an outstanding record of success in public relations, marketing, social media, digital marketing and events, with a combined 30+ years of experience. Our business is growing rapidly and we need some new, experienced communications specialists to join our team ASAP!
Clients range from food & wine, technology, travel, FMCG, fashion, beauty and business. We are passionate about the ability to work across multiple industries.
Our culture is one of inclusiveness, encouragement, kindness, creativity and focus, with a never say never attitude. It’s about playing to strengths. You will have autonomy to foster direct client, partner and media relationships, with support when needed.
We’re on the hunt for a super savvy, hungry and proactive PR Account Manager with a BIG love for food and wine, and a passion for brands with unique stories to tell.
- Overseeing and implementing PR and Marketing projects for clients and looking for opportunities to proactively develop and grow our client engagements.
Producing media materials including media releases, news stories, blog posts and more;
- Developing new and maintaining existing relationships with journalists.
- Taking client briefs and acting on them confidently and professionally with the team.
- Working with and advising your clients in a timely and proficient way.
- Writing, editing, ideas generation, planning, strategising, project management.
- Assistance with planning & managing events for clients.
- Contributing to ongoing growth of our business with enthusiasm toward our new business program.
- Skills and knowledge in social media planning and content creation, along with use of social media platforms and understanding/use of scheduling tools (not essential but will be seen as advantageous)
- Knowledge of basic design / use of photoshop (not essential but seen as advantageous)
- Ensuring the reputation of our brand is maintained.
- Attending networking events.
- Supporting your team and the directors.
You should have the following demonstrated attributes:
- 3-5 years public relations or relevant combined industry experience (Account Management role)
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, PR, marketing or similar
- Exceptional writing and grammar
- Motivation to get on the phone to journalists, influencers and other key stakeholders.
- Dedication to success for clients’ and our business KPIs
- Ability to build positive relationships.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Motivation to flourish and learn
- Strong computer literacy
- Commitment & enthusiasm to seeking and contributing to new business activities
- A never say never attitude!
If you don’t have great people, you can’t have a great business.
We work hard but with plenty of balance, happiness, flexibility, fun and innovation.
We are focused on progression – a real career path, with mentoring, growth and advancement opportunities.
Education & training opportunities.
You’ll enjoy time off on your birthday, regular social functions and plenty more goodness like a random team outing, good food, cheese, wine, coffee, dogs and dancing.
Why you want to be here:
- Work with an proficient, inspiring, integrated and forward-thinking team who loves to disrupt and flip ‘typical’ on its head;
- Thrive in a truly flexible, fun, modern company;
- Build up and run your own client base, be a part of shaping our business and growing a team
- Competitive packages on offer which includes excellent opportunity for performance based bonuses.
We’re communications experts that dare to be different. If you think you’re for us, then please get in touch.
Please include a cover letter in your application.